Cost: €100 for 10 weeks
Time: 10am – 4.30pm each day
This ten week course aims to provide learners with a broad overview of design and digital fabrication. Using a mixture of classroom sessions, hands-on lab work and self-directed project work, this course will facilitate the learner to engage in a creative design process, appreciate design principles as a problem solving activity and gain an understanding of the role of digital fabrication in a design skillset.
- Understand and appreciate Design principles Learn how to use Design as a problem solving Activity
- Learn how to create 3D models using a professional CAD application
- Gain hands-on experience with Digital Fabrication technologies such as 3D Printing, Laser Cutting and Vinyl Cutting
- Build a portfolio of Design work
- Complete a real world project from Design Brief through to Manufacture
- Develop academic and vocational language, literacy and IT skills related to Design
- Learn how to work effectively both individually and with others in a Design team
Participants need to bring a laptop to this course; we will be using Fusion360 which is available to download free. Visit https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/overview and download free ‘startup’ license.
There will be a further opportunity to participate in a study visit to a fully equipped FabLab later in the programme.