Time: 7 pm to 10 pm
Valued Added Tax (VAT) is a significant contributor to the Irish Exchequer. In the region of 25% of the Government’s entire tax revenue is earned from VAT. The vast majority of businesses will have some interaction with VAT during their lifetime and, given the complex nature of this tax, it is not surprising that many business owners are uncomfortable dealing with VAT. In order to avoid the potential pitfalls, it is extremely important that businesses know their obligations in relation to VAT from the outset.
This workshop will give attendees a clear understanding of the main VAT issues that need to be considered, and will specifically deal with the following:
- How do I know if I need to register for VAT?
- If I need to register, at what point do I need to do so?
- How do I register?
- What is the difference between “Invoice Basis” and “Cash Receipts Basis”?
- What rate(s) of VAT do I charge on my sales?
- What information to I need to include on my invoices?
- How often do I need to file my returns and what is the deadline for filing and payment?
- Do I need to pay VAT on my imports?
- Do I need to charge VAT on my exports?
On completing this course, attendees will have gained a good understanding of the basics of VAT.
Click HERE to book via the Local Enterprise Office site!