Time: 7 pm to 10 pm
Whether you are planning to start a business or if you already run a small business, you need to be aware of the basic requirements in relation to record keeping. Not only do you need to be able to understand how your business is performing but you also need to be able to compile the information required to comply with the various tax regulations. Your bank will also expect you to keep your financial information up to date.
This Workshop will provide an overview of all aspects of maintaining proper books of account for a start-up or small business. You will be guided through the setting up of a proper system of book-keeping and how to use the information recorded, to run your business. The Workshop will also touch on cash flow management and tax registration and compliance.
The basic fundamentals of finance includes being able to address the following:
- How to structure your business – Sole Trader or Limited Company?
- Registering your business with the tax authorities
- Recording bank transactions – Daily Cash Book
- Recording customer and supplier invoices – Invoice Day Books
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Managing Cashflow
- Importance of good Credit Control
- Overview of VAT/PAYE/PRSI/Income Tax / Corporation Tax requirements
- Accounting software available to the Small Business Owner
On completing this Workshop, attendees will have gained a good understanding of the basic accounting requirements of a small business.
Click HERE to book!