Facilitator(s): Etaoin O'Reilly
Here at Creative Spark we are excited to run our new Creative Kids Classes. An online resource for participants to get creative and learn new skills. From ceramics to painting, every Friday you can join in and have some fun. We will also be running an ongoing virtual exhibition gallery of your work so make sure to send us your images afterwards! Classes will be available to watch for one week at your own convenience.
Piggy pots: Through the technique of coiling, Etaoin will show the kids how to make a piggy pot. Learn to use hand building and coiling techniques in this fun 20 minute class. Then use different materials to learn how to decorate your piggy pot, like pencils to draw on the piggys face. They can also make other animals such as a bear, cow or frog.
Materials list for piggy pots workshop:
● Scarva Earthstone ES10 White Earthenware Clay, available on www.scarva.com
● A fork
● Empty container, with a bit of water
● Paint brush
● Butter knife
● A circular glass, or cookie cutter, anything to make a circle impression on the clay.
Alternative materials you can use if you don't have clay:
● Fimo Professional, available on any art supply website, or available in Don Keatings
● Air-drying clay, available in Mister Price.
● Another alternative is Air drying modeling dough, the recipe is
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 1 ¼ cup of water
Put all the ingredients into a saucepan, put the saucepan on a medium heat
and just keep stirring until the mixture thickens and comes together. Then you
take off the heat, roll in a ball when the mixture is safe to touch. Then wrap the
mixture in a damp tea towel for 15mins and you are good to go. I have
attached a link to the website below.
Links to tutorials will be emailed out to participants shortly before the event.